This video will give you a great overview on shot technique: Netball Skills- Basic Shot Technique
Think about the components of your shot. Each and every step must be consistent and done the same way – every time …..
- Your feet must be lined up and in the same position every time. This will help the alignment of your shot.
- Your shot pocket or starting position and the grip on the ball should be the same every time. Generally speaking, the ball should be held above the head in a tall stance but comfortable and relaxed in the shoulders.
- Think about it: If you vary the position of the ball in your shot pocket, you’ll throw off the timing and control of your shot as well as its power and distance.
- Your shot motion and arm position should be the same every time.
- Your ankles, knees and elbow bend should all happen at the same time and have a consistent bend – “Down One”.
- Your next movement; is all up – ankles, knees and elbow all extend at the same time in one movement – “Up Two”.
- Your release point and follow-through should be the same every time. Your hand should be in the exact same position, resulting in the same soft/smooth rhythmic shot every time
PRACTICE – PRACTICE – PRACTICE – PRACTICE – PRACTICE – PRACTICE – PRACTICE